Friday, March 11, 2005

the sick and the restless....

it's friday night. there is NOTHING on TV and I don't have the attention span for a movie. I have the flu. Someone told me to go get a "netty pot" whatever the hell THAT is. I wanted to punch her in in her hippie face. My big dilemna is that I teach yoga but for the most part I can't stand yoga people! (well, I guess it's no different than working at the DMV) Don't get me wrong, I love all my students, but I have a hard time with the hippie culture connected to it all...you know what I mean...the pseudo "zenned" out crunchies who put their hand on your shoulder and feel sorry for your un-enlightened ass. And when you say stuff like "i just love meat" they shake their heads in deep sorrow and "pray" for you (and the innocent animals you randomly kill) in their mediation hour.
Personally, I prefer the Jesus Jammers of my Bible Camp days. There's not a whole lot of difference, but at least the JJ's knew how to have FUN...we're talking bible verse memorization contests, Genesis Spelling Bees, Skits on mortal sins, and the songs!! The songs rocked! "if i had a hammer, if I had a be-e-ellll..."
hmmm...I seem to always find myself among groups I completely don't fit into. But at least now, I don't pretend to be someone I'm not. Oh, I still wear all the cute yoga clothes, I just don't care that my old lady flapper arms dangle beneath my ultra hip FUR lined prada sports bra. HA! I think I'll go meditate now...

1 comment:

yogi said...

would love to comment but a new episode of poles in pajamas is starting tonight - just not enough time for everything!!!