Thursday, March 01, 2007

call me LIZA...

I have never been shy about my shrink prescribed meds...zoloft, adderral. BUT I am nothing if not discreet about it. I keep my little blue pills in a cute adorable pill case that LOOKS like a big tylenol. SO hip I can hardly stand it.

ANyhoo, as it so happens, my old dog Beck takes LOTS of meds and they come in these GIANT green prescription vials. Seriously, they look comical, the size of say, a coffee mug. He takes 3 different ones and one is a narcotic so it has a big huge label that says "THIS DRUG MAY CAUSE DROWSINESS AND MAY BECOME HIGHLY ADDICTIVE."

SO of COURSE I picked up all his meds at the vet one day, threw them in my purse and went along my merry way to teach my private client and his wife. After I was all done I went to leave and my client pulls me aside and he's hemming and hawing and I thought it was weird and he says...

"ummm, I just wanted to tell you that I thought your purse was my wife's purse and I was looking for her dayplanner, and I went searching in YOUR bag on accident and I am really sorry, because ummm, I didn't want you to think I was searching through YOUR purse, and ummm, invading your privacy, and ummm I'm REALLY SORRY."

I just chuckled and said, "oh, no big deal. it's fine. haha." I was perplexed as to why he was so nervous. so then he says...

"I mean I think I messed up some of your, ummm, STUFF, you know, and I feel really bad...because you know that's YOUR business and I feel like I really invaded your privacy because I moved some of your STUFF around"

and I was still like "oh I don't care...it's fine REALLY" all the while thinking, "man this guy has privacy issues"


THEN when I when I picked up my purse and got in my car, I realized why he was all nervous. all those big giant green pharmacy prescription NARCOTICS were askew. The labels glowing in the dark of my coach bag HIGHLY ADDICTIVE. DROWSY. REFILLS.MY NAME.

I just started snorting laughing to myself. he was probably in his house right that second telling his wife that her yoga instructor had some serious prescription drug issues.

oh well. when in hollywood....

No comments: