Saturday, January 02, 2010

"hey! what year did you graduate!?"...."TEN. JUST TEN."

Seriously.

Jan 2nd is SO depressing.

Christmas lights go from cozy/warm/fuzzy to section-8 housing tenement in ONE DAY.

I mean, I've had so much time off I don't even know what to do with myself this weekend. And I have a CHUNK of bills/junk mail/LATE bills that blinks at me like my loser christmas lights every time I walk past them...a cruel reminder of 2009's procrastination and heavy spending all stuffed in an envelope.

I have Vet AND Dental appts. next week which, I assure you, will guarantee I have no travel/shoe money for the remainder of 2010. And we're only 2 days in.

Also? I just REALLY don't like this whole "10" business. How are we supposed to say that? "Hey....rememeber the bad music of the TENS?!" I'm gonna miss you, OH-NINE. Because now we're in TEN. Just TEN.

And going to the gym this morning was dismal. Everyone looked a pale shade of...grey. I forced myself to look down and march slowly into lock down the yoga room. I made sure I was a little late so I couldn't then try to escape. You can't be late AND leave early.

And then I think...ANOTHER year of the gym? REALLY!?!?!

Then I come home and start my New year's mini-resolutions. I like to take baby steps in my resolutions. They're more like, Resolutinis. They look like this..

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTINIS 2010
1. Pay cell phone bill
2. Get milk at grocery store
3. MAKE dentist appt. (for 2011)
4. Take new modem out of box (for 2011 install)
5. Put yoga mat in car for possible use

WHEW! That is SOME list! See? Jan 2 already feels overwhelming. I think I need a croissant or something to make me feel better.

On the other hand, Millionaire Matchmaker and MANY other amazing educational shows premier in the coming weeks. And if the Lifetime Movie Trailers for '10 are any indicator of the year ahead, well then, TEN is gonna be an amazing year! Even if it IS only one syllable!

Ahhh....HOPE at the end of a really annoying tunnel!

6 comments:

Counselormama said...

I am still trying to figure out how to say it, twenty ten sounds better to me! Happy New Year, hope it's a great year for you!

Kristina P. said...

Those are some lofty goals. Hope you achieve them!

CynthiaK said...

I love that - resolutinis. Can I use that? Those are much more my speed than full on resolutions.

Anonymous said...

Hope you make it to your dentist appointment!Then everything will fall into place..Happy New Year!!!

Kelli said...

I have said,'oh-ten' on more than one occasion. It's not cool, and I'm not proud, but I'm afraid it's already stuck.

Tracie said...

I've been off a long time, too. I can't even remember the names of the kidlets I'm supposed to be working with. That's really bad.