Monday, May 01, 2006

head shots...

I just had to have a "photo shoot" for my work. I teach yoga. (I know I know...but somebody who hates pachouli and hippies HAS to be amongst the pious bunch) So I had to not only put my fat ass body into yoga poses, but also I had to make sit-com faces while doing so. I felt like Teddy Ruxpin. Eyes all wide, big fake smile, chubby body, posing for the lense. I mean the last time I had a photo shoot was in high school for yearbook shots when I had to sneak my way into a group of friends and pretend to be having a "blast" with people who's lockers I would eventually break into to steal their prom pictures so I would have prom pictures in my wallet. The best year was senior year when I really had no friends so I scrambled for a group to join and I ended up with the "cholas". I guess though, that it was better than the year I ended up with the religious girls who toyed with the idea of being nuns, and they looked all sweet and innocent in braids and there was me with short spikey eighties hair and frosted lipstick. ahhhhh...how I LOVE photo shoots...

No comments: