Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Genius

I got this email from a friend today....

Hello everyone,
Sorry about the group nature of this email.

It is my birthday (my 3_th, can you guess?) on 8/4.

Instead of lavishing me with expensive gifts, luxurious getaways to exotic destinations, or stays at 5 star hotels, why not change things up this year and make a donation to a pet rescue organization?

Molly's Mutts and Meows is a great, Los Angeles based, pet rescue organization. I met them at a pet event at Whole Foods in West Hollywood, CA and have been impressed by their professionalism and dedication to animal welfare.
So, how about making a donation to Mollys Mutts and Meows?

Follow this link to make a secure, financial contribution to pets in need
http://birthdays.causes.com/wishes/2441





THis is like, THE BEST WAY EVER to remind people of your birthday without looking like you're reminding people of your birthday! GENIUS!!!!

I also SO appreciate the way he snuck in the presents he really did want too. I am kicking myself for not thinking of this!

SO, be prepared at some point in early NOVEMBER to be making some "donations" for my bday!!!

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I will be starting a "Punch Mario Lopez in the Face" fund.

Tracie said...

I may put a "Send Me To Vegas" donation button on Stir-Fry.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

oh! I think this has some thought behind it! I love Tracie's idea!

Counselormama said...

Yes, this is genius! It reminds me of when we got married. We registered at a local dept store and I asked if I could register for shoes, the clerk said no, and I was like, "what??? why not? That's what I want for my wedding gift!" shees!

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.