Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Onward Christian Yogis...Marching off to...Meditate??

K...I was just emailed this today and I am enraged.Yahwehyoga is a new "Christ" centered yoga. WHAT?!? I know. I know. I am as appalled and flabbergasted as you. That's seriously like having a MEAT centered Vegan dinner. Or a "bush" centered Gay Pride. Or a Mohammed centered bible study! I am PISSED! Why do the f'ing christians have to bastardize and CLAIM everything?!?! Like Jews for Jesus...what the hell? that's called a CHRISTIAN! Yoga, by definition means Yoke or Union...a union of ALL beliefs and religions. It is it's OWN faith. there need not be any Jesus attached. and this part really got me going...

...We all have to regularly exercise and de-stress in order to experience health and wellness. Yoga is a system of health and wellness...

Yoga is not JUST a system of health and wellness...it is a SPIRITUAL PRACTICE with NO LEADER! There is a WHOLE system of beliefs attached that includes the basic teachings of jesus, among a general understanding that ALL COMES TOGETHER. NO other religious group has tried to claim yoga. There is no Jew yoga, Mormon yoga (www.hevnlylardyoga.com) or even hindu yoga...it all ONE! oh, AND here's the description of the class...

Yahweh Yoga emphasizes Christ and His strength, power and grace in us through movement. The Bible tells us repeatedly that our Heavenly Father wants us to be healthy and take care of our bodies, minds and souls as they are the temples for the Holy Spirit who dwells within us. Yahweh Yoga helps us do this in a way that is most enjoyable and effective. Classes are taught while listening to encouraging contemporary Christ-centered music, in a peaceful setting.


K, let's just begin with "contemporary christ centered music"...YUCK! SO the "christians" have taken the bare bones of yoga, robbed it of any essence, and filled it up with their own version and added some crap music to go along. I totally don't recall ANY bible passages where they did yoga. LOVE, once again, how they pick and choose and steal, and then slap on a cross and make it their own! NO! Can u imagine the backlash if I started a Howard stern "centered" convent, where we listened to contemporary acid rock in a peaceful setting?

I know that this isn't ALL christians, I have nothing against christians who mind their OWN business and don't shove it in my face in the name "of the heavenly father, amen!" But you just can't take ANOTHER spiritual practice all it's own and INSERT LEADER HERE.

I'm so mad right now I don't even know what to do with myself and I fear I am not making sense anymore. Help me baby Jesus...save me from your followers!

No comments: