Friday, April 30, 2010

I have been SWAMPED with home renovations. And when I say "renovations", I don't mean like how you all rip out your kitchens and tile your own bathrooms and such. I mean paying my housekeeper's hubby to paint my walls AND totally organizing every single cupboard and shelf in my ENTIRE place. And get this....EVEN THE GARAGE!!

Every single bill now has a file folder.

Every drawer is no longer scary.

The light bulbs have a home.

The Glad containers all have COORDINATING LIDS!

I only have two more rooms that need paint but I can't decide on the color yet. Are you riveted? I think I could work this whole post into a novella.

Get ready. It's a long one...

Living room. The yellow is NOT this crazy neon. I hope.



DIning area




Entryway.


MY NEW OFFICE!! This is now my favorite room in my house.






You don't even KNOW how scary this closet was. The housekeeper used to duck in order to get to the vacuum.


My Bedroom. I promise this is the first day THIS YEAR my bed has been made. So don't think I'm all that fancy.



WOuld you check out the mad or-GAN-I-zational skillz!!




Guest bedroom. Cat from Pottery Barn


Ahhhh. A peaceful laundry room!


Mick was exhausted with it all.

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I would not have pegged you for the 19th century bed and breakfast type.

peewee said...

IT'S FRENCH COUNTRY! I'm VERY french.

NIKOL said...

Dude, I am in AWE. How did you get in on this sweet deal? Was your housekeeper's buddy just going door-to-door offering organizational services?

Carin Davis said...

Ummmmmmm can I move in!?

rychelle said...

so.....does this mean you're ready for house guests?!

seriously? said...

DANG GIRL...where you been? I have missed you so and glad to see you are all organized and all that crap (it looks lovely BTW) but, come on...don't ever go that long again without a post...YOU HEAR ME!!!

Kris said...

OMG! Your living room has no tv! I know on TV, they design living rooms without the focus being on the tv, but I thought that was just for, you know....TV. Weird. I didn't know people actually lived like that in real life.

This has been a real eye opener. It's like a whole new concept for me.

Oh, and the place looks great. I kept excpecting to see Martha Stewart in the corner, drinking tea.

Lin said...

Ooooh, I LOVE the yellow!! Your house looks GREAT! Cool niche in the office space too.

I love to spring clean. We wash down walls in nearly every room and scrub and polish everything in it. Drives my husband nuts, but it is soooo nice when it is done. Isn't it a good feeling to be so organized????

forever folding laundry said...

Fabulous.
And love the picture wall!

~Keri

dede said...

it looks awesome!! Love the colors you picked - it all looks perfect!! I think I have some real similar pictures from our first apartment!