Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens...

...Peanut Butter Cheesecake and couches for sittin'.

Isn't that how that song goes?

Well, it's how it goes in MY book. And exactly what I did this weekend. Had a Glorious WELL DESERVED vacation in Carlsbad/San Diego. I found there were a LOT LESS idiots there. And crystal clear blue skies! And beautiful ocean views! And the people who worked at Starbucks were actually super nice.  Who knew?

I got to hang out with my adorable little brother who is expecting his first baby in a few weeks. His Wife is one of those irritating pregger women who, if you look at them straight on, or from behind, YOU CAN'T EVEN TELL THEY'RE PREGNANT.  And she's due in like 5 weeks. Life is bitterly not fair. I mean. I haven't BEEN preggo, but I know I just KNOW that people will start asking me when I'm due about 1 week in. Hell, I get asked that after a big salad.

I also got to meet up with some of my "fans." Can I just say that an evening of pure laughter+aforementioned cheesecake=1,000mg of prozac. Believe me. I know. Makes me wish I just had a life of pure vacation. 24/7.  Where I could travel around hanging with crazy fun people (that's crazy-fun, not crazy, fun) from all over. And eat cheesecake.

sigh.

They didn't have a major for that in college.  I majored in English and French. Which has made me into the corporate billionaire that I am today.

6 comments:

NIKOL said...

It was so great to see you!

I went home that night, feeling like I was going to explode since I was so full from dinner. And yet, I still debating eating that extra piece of cake myself instead of giving it to my husband. He was in a Vicodin fog. I probably could have told him HE ate it, and he'd never know the difference.

rychelle said...

....wish i was there!

Kristina P. said...

I am not going to even comment on this little get together. Sob.

peewee said...

I seriously think we need to do a blog-cation where we all meet for a long weekend somewhere fun/affordable.

Lin said...

Are you coming to Chicago anytime soon??! Oh wait--it is very cold and snowy here...I guess that answers my question. :( Bummer.

Kris said...

You have such amazing FANS!

I went home that night, to my empty house, with only my dog to keep me company, took 2 advil PM and watched iCarly until I fell asleep. Jealous?