Sunday, January 27, 2008

yoga circle time

I went to a yoga "conference" this week. There's this style of yoga called ACROYOGA and it's SUPER fun and you get to fly around etc...

BUT FIRST they had us all sit in a circle and say our name, how our body feels, and one thing that makes us happy. I am always comfortable with that UNTIL people start talking. it went like this...

HI! I'm shakti, my body feels blissful alive, and hiking makes me happy.
HI! I'm blissy, my body feels filled with love and light, and a fresh beautiful sky sure does make ME happy!
HI! I'm moonbean. My body feels electric and my heart is open and fields of flowers make me happy!

etc...

then there's me...

Ummm, hi, I'm just PeeWee, and my hamstring is hurting, and reality shows, US WEEKLY and shopping make me happy!

I should have said that, but instead, i was diminished to an 8th grade version of myself and edited it and said "...my body feels sore, and taking my dogs to the beach makes me happy. All that is TRUE, I didn't TOTALLY lie like when I told my church youth group counselor in 9th grade that I memorized a bible verse a day (!!!) and yet...I did feel pressured to say SOMEthing naturey as something that made me happy. I HATE those moments when I cave like that.

AND I am NOT kidding that NO ONE in that circle had a normal name.

No comments: