Saturday, May 23, 2009

Chinese delivery: Not just for food anymore.

At first I was really bummed to be without my OWN washer and dryer...in my house. I was like "THIS is why I couldn't live in New York again unless I'm a millionaire." The first week I was here I had to haul my stuff downstairs, buy a laundry card and gulp, WASH my own stuff! I felt VERY little house on the prairie.

I hate doing laundry in THE BEST of circumstances. THEN I remembered (and how I forgot I don't know) that I SEND IT OUT!!! OH! The perks of living in NY. EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING is delivered. And today...they came in the morning, picked it all up, and when I got home it was all sitting at my doorstep...all perfectly folded in cute little packages! It was like getting presents!!

And now I've set it up for weekly service! As well as the bi-weekly dog food delivery! No more hauling those big bags in and out of my car! And and, when u buy groceries, you just tell them your address and they deliver it in a few hours!! Basically, here, you just never have to carry anything! How have I lived in LA without this?!?!?

And then, for this evening I ordered chinese too. BEST.CHINESE.FOOD.EVER! Seriously, New York is THE BEST. Why did I leave? Oh yah...pee smell everywhere. Ah well. I DON'T HAVE TO DO LAUNDRY!!!!

13 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Well, aren't you fancy!

And the last time I was in NYC, Adam and I ate somewhere in Chinatown and they had the BEST orange beef I have ever had. Dummy me didn't write down the name, so I will never find it again.

Meg said...

Suddenly I hate you.




Okay. I don't hate you. But I envy your New York Lifestyle.


A lot.

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

I'll do your laundry if you buy me great chinese food. But I don't wrap it up like a present so you're probably getting a better deal in NY. Mmmm.....chinese food....

peewee said...

I know...aren't I pure evil for mentioning chinese food on a sat night!

I'm NOT fancy. I'm doin' what I can to survive here man...pure SURVIVAL!

Did I mention they deliver hot chocolate chip cookies too? I didn't? Oh well...now you can hate me. They just arrived...HOT.

Did I also mention how BROKE I am from all this delivery? I may be poor though...but my clothes don't have chocolate chip stains anymore.

peewee said...

oh, and KP....If by 'fancy' you mean lazy then YES! YES I AM!

Dee at Pedestrian Palate said...

You got that right about the pee smell. Just walked thru Times Sq and it was a wrestling match between the aroma of Pee, Vomit and Street Meat. Vomit won.

rychelle said...

i wouldn't have to do my own laundry????

i'll be there by the week's end. and drive home with you in August.

(you don't think i'll loose my job, right?)

peewee said...

You have now put in writing..."I will drive home with you in august." And that is a LEGALLY binding statement in Judge Judy's courtroom.

Counselormama said...

Wow, that is awesome! I hate to ask ho much these services are! I would pay thousands to get my laundry done and delivered. It is the bane of my existence!

Carin said...

How will you ever leave!?!?!?

Kathy B! said...

Are you sure you aren't in heaven looking down on us poor schmucks doing laundry and baking cookies... and laughing at us?!

Kris said...

Are you sure you're not a millionaire? Laundry & dog food service sound pretty ritzy.

dede said...

my air conditioning is broke

the twelve loads of laundry I need to do today are going to heat up my house

maybe I will teach one of my boys how to bake today (after 10 pm when it cools off) so I can at least get some chocolate chip cookies delivered to my couch!!