Sunday, May 31, 2009

Just another Saturday night in the big city

HEY! I am basically, like Obama's new best friend. It's only a matter of time before I get a direct line to the Oval Office.

Why?

Because last night, He ate dinner at a restaurant RIGHT DOWN MY STREET! And all the streets were blocked off. And I was walking my dogs home from the park and they wouldn't even let me back on the street! SO I was all, but I LIVE here! And the Not-so-secret-service was all "Ma'am...national security is more important than you getting home" and I had to wait FIFTEEN more minutes. (lame) And then when I FINALLY went to get into my elevator theses sniper looking' dudes with US AMRY suits were coming off the elevators.

I am SO part of US history. I did my part. Saving the president and all. JUST by allowing his guards on my roof.

Okay fine. It wasn't me. But it WAS MY BEST NEW YORK FRIEND! AND HER dogs. And she does live down my street. So, same diff. Normally, I WOULD HAVE BEEN with her. And all the rest was true, cuz she called me while she was waiting to get back in.

Later that night, in the cab home from that party we had this conversation....

{we were talking about her man}

ME: The thing is Budd doesn't EVEN look 42!

HER: He's 40.

ME: well whatever...he doesn't even look 40! He could be like 35.

HER: noo way! He doesn't look that young. He looks his age. (she's only 30...what does she know? Everyone looks older to her)

ME: HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE eye wrinkles! See? (I scrunch up my eyes so she can see said wrinkles)

HER: Well true, but he's fatter and so his skin looks smoother. YOU GUYS don't get wrinkles.

I punched her in the arm.

9 comments:

rychelle said...

skinny bitch. (am i right?!?)

Dee at Pedestrian Palate said...

A punch in the arm? Are you a pacifist? That called for a closed fist crack in the chops. Let me at her! There are just some things that you NEVER say to a woman . . .

Kristina P. said...

I'm sure Jack Bauer was lurking in the corners, waiting to give the President the Heimlich maneuver or something.

peewee said...

oh and by the way...SHE'S THE ONE who talked was shocked at my gray hair too! That one needs a jaw wiring I say!

Carin Davis said...

you make me laugh...and I wish I was hanging out with tonight...treats and trains! what is better than treats and trains??? at least I get to read your blog! especially now that you are part of US history!

xo

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

Clearly she's one of THOSE people who have lost their mental filter. On the bright side you're both a part of US history! I wish you were going to be in Utah for the blunch too! It won't be the same without ya. Maybe on your return trip to LA?!

Counselormama said...

That is cool! You should sign her up for my Social Skills group, new one starting in August!

dede said...

it's not so much that she said it - it isn't even true! I am "fatter" and I still have plenty of wrinkles!!

I am glad she had to wait outside while the President finished off his dinner!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Tell me, my friend, why weren't you at your BF's house? Could it be that there was a pressing episode of Dr. Phil or "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!" on? We all have our priorities, afterall.

Oh, and I find punching to be an excellent way to communicate.

-Francesca