Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The City.

yawwnnnnn.

It's raining again. I still love it. You know what I love about rain in NY? Aside from HAVING to buy super cute rain boots and chocolate chip cookie delivery?

UMBRELLAS!



HAHA! NOT THESE!

I love seeing TONS of umbrellas walking down the street. A sea of umbrellas, if you will. It looks like Mr. Roger's land of make believe. Like, I expect Lady Eberly and King Friday and Meow Meow pussy cat to be comin' round the corner on the trolley with their umbrellas.

Anyone watch Celebrity Apprentice? (HA! I only asked that to be nice. I KNOW you do) HOW good was sunday? I'm not even wanting an answer...it's a statement. And how much are you DYING for the THREE HOUR finale? again...statement. JOAN RIvers head to head with ANNIE the Poker bitch!??! I swear it was rigged. There's just NO WAY that wasn't planned from the beginning. But that's neither here nor there. I have GOT to find out where it's being held and go get tickets or something. Make my time here in the city worth while. I have big plans while I'm here.

1. Somehow get into background shots when they're filming "The City." But, a background when it's Whitney. And MAYBE like, have my dogs with me and accidentallyonpurpose slam into her. Or something like that. I mean, after all, that show IS inspired by my life here.

2. Same with the Today Show...look for me in that crowd with Al Roker. And HOPEFULLY they'll maybe even let me do a shout out to my blog peeps.

3. Get into the opinion crowd in Times Square with Harvey Levin on THE PEOPLE'S COURT. And totally give my legal expertise on the cases. Then maybe they'll let me be on Law & Order SVU. My day is coming people! soon! Very soon indeed.

Museums schmuseums. This city has TONS to offer, not the least of which is high fashion shoes!


and in case it's raining and you need to PROTECT your bandals...


This is just the beginning folks!

17 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I have to say, I hope it's not raining when we're there. I spent a long weekend in NYC when it rained ALL weekend, and it sort of sucked.

Oh, and I totally wanted to get TYRA tickets! How awesome would that be!?!? But she only films on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. BOOOOO.

rychelle said...

unlike kristina, i hope it rains the whole time we're there!

between the bandals, my fanny pack, the ufocap and mini umbrellas on my feet, i am going to take that city by storm!

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

Those bandals are a special kind of awful. And your day of fame is coming any minute now. Really! Also, I'm just slightly (a lot) envious of the fabulous NY trip that everyone seems to be going on but me. *sniff*

Dee at Pedestrian Palate said...

Thanks for that trip back to the land of make believe. Reminds me of countless hours watching PBS - Sesame Street, The Electric Company along w/ Mr. Rogers. Another fun favorite was a local show on WPIX called the Magic Garden. It's soooo 70's. Anyone else remember this . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApbGw_G0qxQ

seriously? said...

I will keep my eye out for you on the Today Show and People's Court. I better get a BIG shout out if you are on. Glad you are having fun...don't let it rain on your parade. :)

Kathy B! said...

We'll be watching for you. You'll be like a yoga-slingin' Waldo popping up all over the place.

peewee said...

rychelle..."by storm"

heh. heh

storm.

heh.

Meg said...

I want to know how that lady gets in and out of the shower curtain umbrella.

dede said...

if your post starts with "yawn" it leads one to assume you are bored and if the assumption is correct, why are you only posting once a week?????

Counselormama said...

Wow, how much is it supposed to rain? Glad you are having fun so far!

Jillybean said...

Bandals?

Those are strange. Really, what is the point of them?

peewee said...

not at all bored dede....just sleepy and lazy when it rains. Well sleepy...always lazy!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Is it weird that after I read your comment yesterday I started thinking about "bad" 80's music...songs totally perfect for a mix tape, like Journey and Air Supply? I too have been thinking about the distance between us now, wondering about your life in NY. I know that you are fine, eating pizza and keeping dry, but still...

Maybe I would feel better if I made you a mix tape.

HA HA HA HA

-Francesca

Grand Pooba said...

Ha! I want to move to New York now, just for the umbrellas. I don't know why but I don't even own an umbrella. When it rains in Utah most just get soaked, for some reason people look at you like your a wimp if you have an umbrella out. So does that mean New York is full of wimps? I dunno.

But I have to say you've got a good idea there with the whole Twilight musical suggestion, I'd go see it.

Oh, and that picture on your sidebar where the graham cracker and chocolate are chasing the marshmellow? My husband bought me a shirt just like it.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Wow~ those are some shoes and umbrellas. Hmm. I may need to look into those! Have a great time!

D said...

I love the candy cane umbrellas on the white pumps.

Too cool.

King of New York Hacks said...

I need an umbrella for my big toe.