Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Some Completely Fascinating Stuff

THIS IS THE DOGPARK...WHERE DOGS "RUN AROUND" (in theory)


THIS IS WHAT MICK DOES AT THE DOGPARK


ANNNNNDDDD....THIS IS WHAT HE DOES WHEN HE GETS HOME


A few other notes...

-DOes anyone else think those Old Navy ads are creepy? The ones with the mannequins "talking?" It musta been an office memo that went like this:

RE: SHAPE UP OR YOU WILL BE REPLACED

"Heads up employees! Old Navy is experiencing some Major Budget cuts. PHASE ONE: We're FIring all the actors. We have found that our mannequins will do JUST fine! PHASE TWO: Underachievers will be fired next, as we have found Mannequins to be more labor cost effective.
THANK YOU!
-the management team

-The gym was PACKED yesterday, Memorial day. PACKED. Come on people! it's your DAY OFF!!!

-On the subway today there was this HUGE black guy reading a full on romance novel. Like a real girly lookin' one. I almost handed him my 'eclipse' cd. Bet he'd LOVE it!

-AND on same subway a woman came on wearing too small flip flops. Her heel was hanging off the end. WHY? do women do this. Is it cuz they don't want to admit they're a manly size 11? Or was there just this HUGE sale and they only had size 6...but you're an 8 and you were just like "well, THEY FIT! I SWEAR THEY DO! I'm PRETTY DAINTY! "

-A woman came to class yesterday wearing all black...and a CHAIN around her wasit. A BIG OLE Choke collar looking chain. Around her whole waist. WITH charms at the front. It scared me. She was clinking around the whole time...like a rottweiler. Whoa fido!

17 comments:

Kristina P. said...

First of all, is your dog going to try to hump me? Not saying that would be a problem, just wondering.

And second, do we have to come to yoga with you? You will be embarrassed by me.

rychelle said...

those manequins are SO creepy! have you seen the one where they are all gossiping about the rumor that one of them is pregnant? WTF?

rychelle said...

oh, and, i can't stand it when people wear flip flops/sandals that are too small.
if your toes and/or heels are hanging off, THEY DON'T FIT.

Dee at Pedestrian Palate said...

Oooh, oooh (waving hand wildly) Here's one girl that did not go to the gym on Memorial Day. I spent the day more like Mick at the dog park.

peewee said...

Rychelle...I have been WORRIED that ZAC's been "around" lately. I am SO demanding a paternity test!!

peewee said...

oh, and KP....
I was just gonna go to hawaii while you guys dogsit? Didn't I tell you that? oops.

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

The Old Navy ads are creepy. But at least they're not gross like the Carl's Jr. chewing commercials. Yuck.

I didn't go to the gym or spinning class yesterday. But I did eat ice cream.

Oooohhhh....the shoe thing. And when people's nappy toes hang over the front of their shoe for an inch. Do they not notice their toes hitting the ground every time they take a step?! Drives me crazy.

AND! The crazy rottweiller lady? That was me. ;o)

Counselormama said...

I love your observations! I actually like those Old Navy commercials, especially when that one falls down and the other says he is going to catch her, I crack up! I do have a morbid sense of humor though!

Carin said...

you took pictures!!!!!!!
you made my day!!!!!!

Vodka Mom said...

What your dog does at the dogpark??

Brilliant.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Yes, the manequin ads are beyond creepy. The sayings that they put with the ads are not even funny either. Or maybe I am too old to get them?
I wish I had dainty feet. Alas, I have big feet...
Cute doggy pics! Does that help ease the pain of the mess?

Kimberly said...

The manequins are strange. I don't like that commercial either.

Secondly, The 'Twilight' series was good. I fell in love with all the characters, and secretly, between you me and the others, um, yes, I miss them. *sigh*

Kathy B! said...

Old Navy ocmmercials have been bland ever since they did away with the original performance fleece commercials... Sing with me... Old Navy, Old Navy, Old Navy performance fleece...!

Please tell me you didn't sing with me.

And your dog might share DNA with my kids... we have similar park/home experiences regularly.

Kathy B! said...

And I still can't reply to your emails ms. spaghettio, and it bugs me!

Yours,

CattyB!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Damn it! I guess this means that I am going to have to leave my goth outfit at home when I take your yoga class?

What to do? What to do? Perhaps I should dress all in neon pink. That should be a good look as I sweat profusely.

I am going to go and sit by my mailbox now...

-Francesca

Karen said...

Your post totally lived up to it's title.

dede said...

ahhh, cute, clever Mick!

I totally agree with you on the shoe thing - the only advantage of having a manly size is the clearance - and the dainty feet need to stay away from my clearance!!!