Saturday, July 08, 2006

Busy Friday...

Well, this was a BUSY friday.

There's plenty on the docket for today,(that's Judge Judy court talk, not some old memories from my stints in the pokey)(ahhh, youth. good times. good times.)(to be 30 again!)

I reconnected with an old Utah friend today during my commute and it was SO fun. He didn't know I blog so I directed him to my website...he was excited cuz he was thinking I had some super racy fun exciting LA type things to write about...so when he read my blog title from yesterday he thought it said "PANTS. why? what for?"(see blog below for the steamy details)and then he saw I was just writing about boring old pLants. See. I told you plants basically suck...

Which is the PERFECT segue(is that how you spell segway?)to my new best friend who just moved here. I don't actually know her very well, we have been in like 3 yoga teacher trainings together(yah I am actually trained. go figure!)and that's like going through re-hab together...we bond. We are so alike in the weirdest ways, but we're on warp speed trying to get to know each other so we can be best friends (more MY agenda I'm sure) And we can already laugh about our complete polar opposite differences...which include her asking me questions like "hey, where can you buy essential oils around here?" and the even funnier "hey, you should come with me to the blahblahbaghadvita chant circle!" to the ever funnier "come with me to the hippie tree bookstore because I have to buy some crystals." And the reason why I KNOW we're destined for BFF-hood is that I just laughed instead of sneaking out the backdoor, ne'er to return or be heard from again. But to top off the get-to-know-you lunch, as we were walking to our cars she was trying to justify this crystal purchase and she said "Well, I just like the crystals, not to put everywhere, they are just great to put in my plants...you know?!"
Oh I KNOW. I SO KNOW!

Today I spent SEVENTY DOLLARS in gas. that's $70. DOLLARS. in GAS. Gas for the CAR, not like Laughing Gas for my root canal. I literally almost cried. not so much for the entirety of the $70, but for THIS reason....

ONE GALLON GAS... $3.45
ONE STARBUX GRANDE MOCHA... $3.45
GALLONS IN GAS TANK... 17
MONEY IT WILL COST IN THERAPY TO GET THROUGH THE LOSS OF 17 MOCHAS?....(I just passed out)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg busted! I totally like crystals for everything (similar to chocolate chips) but I was so trying to fit in!... xo, bff