Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Beautiful Mommy, part deux...

I wrote that last blog yesterday WAY too fast....I had MUCH more to say, but i was running to work, yet I still had to post. So, for those of you who thought it MIGHT be a joke...here are some of the press things...

"My Beautiful Mommy" (Big Tent Books), out this Mother's Day. It features a perky mother explaining to her child why she's having cosmetic surgery (a nose job and tummy tuck). Naturally, it has a happy ending: mommy winds up "even more" beautiful than before, and her daughter is thrilled.

The reassuring tale helped win Acosta over—she scheduled breast augmentation and a tummy tuck. Since February, when she had the surgery, she and Junior have read the book a half dozen times, and she says it helped him feel excited rather than scared. "I didn't want him to think [the surgery] was because I was hurting. It was to make me feel good," she says.


It's basically Jaw Dropping.

When I used to teach at the white trash preschool we only got books that were donated, so of course we had THE LAMEST titles. Seriously, we had "why daddy doesn't live here anymore" and "where did grandpa go?"
(that one was uplifting!) So I can only imagine that this one will arrive there in a matter of weeks, when not a single one gets sold in North Dakota.

THis Is a FUNNY article....that has some other book options that made me giggle!

Okay, that's enough. Other topic...Yesterday some high and mighty Pious Prius owner said "oh, how about THOSE LEXUS HYBRIDS? HA. That's like the hybrid for people who just want to SAY they have a hybrid!"

ahem.

SO? So what? So what if I DO want to just say I have a hybrid?

1 comment:

dede said...

I liked the other books and could probably come up with a few more - don't let the prius owner get to you - I feel good enough becuase I have a friend who has a hybrid!