Thursday, May 15, 2008

Find a penny pick it up, and all the day you'll have...good stamp




You Are a Brownie Cheesecake



A little chunky and a little gooey, you pretty much run on sugar!

You take hedonism to the extreme.. And people love you for it.



Chunky? how rude!

(HA! Dede...we're the same! But, of COURSE we are! too funny. Did you answer the question that said "what do you do at parties?" with "hover by the by the food table." I did! )

Cheesecake aside (mmmm....cheeeesecake) (lunch anyone?) (oh, and my favorite is cheesecake factory, either the snickers, or the turtle, or the peanut butter cookie dough, or or or....) ahem...

what was I saying? oh yah, is anyone else OUTRAGED that the post office RAISED the price of stamps AGAIN by....

drum roll please...

ONE PENNY.

yep. I had to go buy 100 ONE CENT STAMPS today, because LAST WEEK I bought a roll of 100 stamps at costco. (they never mentioned the price hike that was to take place in the next 2 days. Thanks Costco! for pawning off your OLD stamps on me!...which are only 25 cents cheaper....FOR THE WHOLE 100!)

I almost fell over when I went to send in all my bills and the little asian postal employee shoved my bills back at me and said,not very kindly either, "would you like to buy ONE CENT stamp?" And I was all "nooooo, why would I want to do THAT? Do you guys even MAKE one cent stamps? is that like some new promotion to 'save the penny' or something?" and he yelled through his bullet proof glass(really loud for a little asian guy if you ask me) (well, come to think of it I HAVE heard the cooks scream quite loudly behind the steam tables at Panda Express) "YOU CANNOT SEND LETTER WITHOUT ONE CENT STAMP. THESE OLD STAMP. YOU NEED TO ADD NEW ONE CENT STAMP!!!"

He actually scared me a little, so I was a little startled and not in my regular fighter mode and I was like "umm, I guess. I uhh....ummmm....I mean, I j j j JUST bought these stamps, like a whole hundred of em a few days ago...are you sure....

"WHERE YOU GET THESE STAMP?!?! (I think he even spit on them he was SO disgusted with my old stamps) THESE STAMP NOT FROM HERE! THESE OLD STAMP. WE HAVE NEW STAMP! (yahhhh...i got that part dude)

And then I was all "but i just bought..."

"HOW MANY OLD STAMP YOU BUY?" YOU BUY ONE HUNDRED OLD STAMP?! I DON'T KNOW WHO SELL YOU OLD STAMP, BUT NOW YOU NEED NEW ONE CENT STAMP! HOW MANY?!"


okee dokee.


"ummm, I guess I'll need like, umm, (I was trying to calculate how many I had already used, you know, from YESTERDAY) maybe, ummm, like, 95?

"OKAY! NINETY FIVE ONE CENT STAMP!"
( he said this like I had just won an auction)

As he was ringing me up for the stamps and my other packages,and I started recovering from his "postal" behavior (HA! HA! 'postal' HA!) I began to get back to my real pissy self-righteous, consumer minded self. I mean BUYING one cent stamps? is RIDICULOUS! And because there was a world of bullet proof glass between the two of us, I said, "hey. I bet it costs more to print those one cent stamps than it
does to have to buy them. Seems like an awful lot of waste to me. Just sayin' "

I scampered away before he started yelling at me again.

Scampered away and LEFT MY 95 ONE CENT STAMP...S!

1 comment:

dede said...

can't wait to hear the story when you go buy them again - btw our costco sells the "forever" stamps that are always good - no matter how much stamps go up - maybe you should buy a couple hundred and then save them for about 10 years - you will for sure earn your 95 cents back!